Haibun - Back to the Pavillion

These are poems created by our community.
Sandra Martyres
Topics: 42

Haibun - Back to the Pavillion

Postby Sandra Martyres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:08 am

After working five years in a plush office on a plush salary, brushing shoulders with the rich and famous he is suddenly deprived of all these luxuries. The company downs its shutters with no prior warning.
Not wanting to remain idle at home, he rolls up his sleeves, dons simple clothes again and heads back to his ex-employer to seek reappointment. The old man looks at him with scepticism. Will he be able to re-adapt and settle down in his old job again? He reassures him, that all the extra fat he had put on would soon melt and he'd look and be the same sincere guy that he was five years ago.
With a rather unsure expression he is re-hired...

familiar smells
engulf him - the spider too
has not changed its place

Stella
Site Admin
Topics: 247

Re: Haibun - Back to the Pavillion

Postby Stella » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:59 pm

And i will bet that he was really happy to feel useful again.

i am enjoying these haibun poems Sandra, you were always excellent at relating real life into stories and at writing haiku, here you have your two strengths married into one beautiful poetic format.

Karin Anderson
Topics: 38

Postby Karin Anderson » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:04 am

Like Stella, I enjoy Haibun too and really like this one as I really want him to settle down in his new job as he is wise indeed. The haiku has an added feature of contrast where the spider has not changed its place too thank you Sandra.

Tom Balch
Topics: 74

Postby Tom Balch » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:16 pm

A lovely ending to this well told tale, Sandra.

Cindy
Topics: 75

Postby Cindy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I enjoyed the poem very much. It's very good. I am not familiar with this style of poem and am intrigued by it. I may have to look into the haibun more.

Fay Slimm
Topics: 88

Postby Fay Slimm » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Double pleasure again here my dear friend - - you never cease to amaze with your ability to relate real-life accounts so interestingly - -- your halibun has been received again with the welcome it surely deserves - - a great joy to read the lessons this halibun teaches.

Return to “Community Poems”