A Faltering Faith

These are poems created by our community.
Joseph Anderson
Topics: 31

A Faltering Faith

Postby Joseph Anderson » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Time draws near, I await my fate,
the fate all mortals must await;
Is God still firmly on his throne,
or must I make this trip alone?

My dimming faith has gone astray,
on this I think, on this I pray;
A sordid world of greed and sin
has stretched my faith extremely thin.

Am I alone, do others see
religion's vast diversity?
Eternal wars in faith's own name,
faith without works must take the blame.

Time's drawing near, but I must wait
To view the face of Heavens gate,
and when I see death's final glow
then I shall know, most surely know.

Can we ever change this desperate trend?

Stella
Site Admin
Topics: 247

Re: A Faltering Faith

Postby Stella » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Faith comes in many forms Joseph, but religion divides people and causes wars.
Surely this is not the way to go, and yet deep within ourselves i think we all know that we were created from a greater source of energy than we ourselves are, and it is the belief of the love and light of that energy that sustains us.

What is in your heart and soul is what matters at the end , and the love and light that you have spread of yourself over other people .

Maybe, we are re-created again..even many times, that we shall not know , only that in giving of ourselves is the greatest loving gift of all.

Karin Anderson
Topics: 38

Postby Karin Anderson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:10 am

I completely agree with Stella and I also think God is a wonderful love force and not a man sitting on a throne as I thought when I was a child. Your love ones are closer to you than you think and you will be guided towards them so do not worry about death. We are all at different levels of consciousness according to how we have worked with our karma in this lifetime and this is always taken into consideration. If you are interested I would recommend a book called 'Trust Your Vibes' by Sonia Choquette who can help us shift our identity from ego-based to soul-based with easy to understand six-sensory wisdom. Thank you for sharing with me Joseph as I appreciate how well you craft your poetry.

Cindy
Topics: 75

Postby Cindy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:25 pm

This is a beautifully written poem. I believe God to be a real being. The Bible says his "eye is on the sparrow". And many, many times in the Bible, it says "fear not". I believe there is a place prepared for those who truely follow the Lord. "I go to prepare a place for you." And I believe it's about a relationship with Him and definately not about religion. Anyway, that's what I believe. Faith can become stressed and thin, but God's word restores and renews. That's what I believe. I usually don't say much about what I believe, because I don't want to offend or come across as an annoying phony who spouts off to appear religious and holy. So anyway, this is just where my mind took me when I read your poem.

Nightmute
Topics: 24

Postby Nightmute » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

That the narrator prays on the worries that beset him shows that he still has faith. I love the line "faith without works must take the blame"...that pronouncement surely should give folks something to think on, Joseph.

Return to “Community Poems”