done with poet freak

These are poems created by our community.
eleanor prince
Topics: 0

Re: done with poet freak

Postby eleanor prince » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 am

I so know the feeling - I was just on pf and gave up in disgust and deep disappointment, and though I will leave my poems there too for the sake of posterity and the few there who are left who can still write something worth reading, I fled here right now to find some intelligence, heart and talent - and what a relief to see all the familiar names here in this friendly space :)

Joseph Anderson
Topics: 31

Postby Joseph Anderson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Welcome-I am sure you can add much to this cosy, compatible site.We are free of confrontation, free of smut and are dedicated to the finer
aspects of poetry.,small, but potent

Karin Anderson
Topics: 38

Postby Karin Anderson » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 am

Welcome back to Stella's site David. Poets on this site respect one another and it is peaceful where like minded friends share their love of poetry. Poetfreak can be entertaining but has many problems so I really enjoy being here free of stress.

Sandra Martyres
Topics: 42

Postby Sandra Martyres » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Indeed Poetfreak has become a real circus and a pathetic one at that!

Cindy
Topics: 75

Postby Cindy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

I'm pretty much done with poetfreak too. I'll just be going back to read certain favorites of mine, but rarely, if ever, will I be posting there. I don't feel it's my job to stick around and make it a better place or save it. That's not what I signed up for. At least we have this site now. Dirt free. Drama free. I am so very grateful. :-)

stevenstirk
Topics: 57

Postby stevenstirk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:50 pm

I still post there every now and then, although I have become very disillusioned with Poetfreak. I don't think that the site has anything to do with poetry any more. There seems to be a culture of setting up alias/ghost accounts, and insulting and berating fellow poets. Many of the comments have nothing whatsoever to do with poetry, and I doubt the integrity and purpose of many contributors. In addition, it has to be said that the maturity of many writers has decreased year on year. I feel that it is now more like a site for very young poets to spread their wings and try their quills at poetry. Nothing wrong with that at all, except that this reflects in the comments...'Nice ink man" !...has become a favourite. The site demonstrates the tantrum, and counter tantrum . I like the peace and tranquility of this site, where like minded poets can fence their literary skills, and give as well as receive.

ken.brandli
Topics: 15

Postby ken.brandli » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I certainly agree with the above comments about the issues with PF. I have a sentimental attachment to the site and find it easy to use but I have watched, with some sadness, the site being taken over by contributors whose 'poems' are malicious, posturing, immature, profane and/or semi-literate. Very few seem to actually take pride in, and try to work their craft. Last year, when I called out a posturing idiot who had blatantly plagiarised off the net I was labelled 'a hater'. Rather funny really. I have to also say I have had enough of angst ridden teens but I agree with Steven that it is good that young people are writing on line. Occasionally I still find a gem and will continue to skim the work, and post there but I, too, am very happy to be here. Thank you for the invitation, Stella!

Fay Slimm
Topics: 88

Postby Fay Slimm » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Altogether a very different atmosphere here on this friendly site David - -- although at times I still post for special reasons on Poetfreak there are so few left now who remember what poetry stands for. So good to know you are here on this site David.

Return to “Community Poems”