Changes... short piece of prose poetry

These are poems created by our community.
Stella
Site Admin
Topics: 247

Changes... short piece of prose poetry

Postby Stella » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 pm

As the sun slips slowly and silently away beyond the horizon a new calmness pervades and permeates the evening.

In this blue twilight hour the fading day changes its busy and boisterous parade into a more restful cloak of sweet and welcome serenity hosting a peaceful meditation within itself.

As moments pass the mind is soothed away from the fast frantic chase of hurried endeavour, piercing, and bright harsh lights that freeze frame those moments of desperation when unmet targets threaten fragile sanity, and the demand of attention which cannot span the required need for an urgency of immediate and perfect results.

Here in the cool chill of evening the trauma of day changes into the tranquillity of night as the blue tinged sky deepens into a velvet, indigo star studded canopy, whilst a hush falls as only the wistful whispers of the long grass echoes in waves through the deep darkness.
A pretty white filigree laced cloud kisses the moon as it passes on its fragile journey leaving an enchantment that embraces the soul in this profound silence.

In sleeping gardens beneath the incandescent moonlight pink pearly petals cluster together in a pretty profusion cradled within the safety of furled green coverlets.

Hidden in quiet bountiful meadows, precious wild flowers dream of the morning sunshine and balmy bouquets as they slumber close together entwined with dainty webs of diamond dew drops

The night sighs with contentment as a weeping willow elegantly bows to kiss her reflection in the ripples of a moonlit lake.

©Stella Armour 2011-09-08

denysruak
Topics: 17

Re: Changes... short piece of prose poetry

Postby denysruak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:08 am

An impressive collection of happenings reminding us of the beautiful world we live in. Now let's get rid of the ugliness that spoils it. Thank goodness for poets like yourself who make this world more beautiful with writings like this.

Fay Slimm
Topics: 88

Postby Fay Slimm » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:58 am

You use some beautiful phraseology in this tribute to nature Stella - - I love the personification of night in the last line. A most refreshing and peaceful read.

Cindy
Topics: 75

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:21 am

I love your descriptions. They are so serene and beautiful.

Stella
Site Admin
Topics: 247

Postby Stella » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Thank you so much everyone.... :)

stevenstirk
Topics: 57

Postby stevenstirk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Delightful wording Stella. Every word has its special place. Much enjoyed

Karin Anderson
Topics: 38

Postby Karin Anderson » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 am

I don't know how I missed this beautiful descriptive piece of prose Stella. It so serene and a pleasure to read. Like Fay comments I like your last line too and it paints a glorious picture in my mind.

Nightmute
Topics: 24

Postby Nightmute » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Prose writing is much more difficult than it appears, Stella, and yet you adroitly pen this gem of a write with such a beautiful flow, incorporating majestic and beautiful imagery. When writing in prose style, the flow is often given short shrift by the author, but you, my friend, kept a smooth lilt throughout, evoking a dream-like quality and mood to this gorgeous write, Ma'am. The beautiful use of poetic device, such as alliteration, shows your high skill as a wordsmith, Stella. I wonder if Stephen might be able to create a "Recommend" button, of sorts, for this write surely deserves such an honor, Ma'am.

Tom Balch
Topics: 74

Postby Tom Balch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Short, but Oh so beautifully written, Stella.

Seema Chowdhury
Topics: 217

Postby Seema Chowdhury » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 pm

This is so beautiful Stella, it's magical and pictourious. Really enjoyed this blissful write.

Return to “Community Poems”